Members of the Board of Directors and staff of North Okanagan Youth and Family Services Society (NOYFSS) participated in Strategic Planning events on May 23rd and June 3rd, 2019. The purpose of these sessions was to complete a comprehensive environmental scan in order to establish renewed strategic directions.
The planning events covered the following areas:
- Organizational Foundations: Mission, Vision, & Values
- Review of Demonstrated Achievements, Strengths & Competencies
- Review of Challenges Impacting on Capacity
- Review of External (Environmental) Challenges, Threats, & Trends
- Review of Opportunities & Risks
- Identifying New Strategic Directions (themes)
To support the planning events, an online survey designed to gather anonymous input from staff was administered. In addition, interviews were conducted with community stakeholders to solicit their input regarding NOYFSS’s strengths, challenges, and opportunities. This input was utilized during the planning day and is also referenced in this document.